The Brave Foundation’s Pathway Scholarships have been created to minimise the financial barriers experienced by expecting and parenting teens (E&PT’s) as they continue through their secondary school education, and engage in workforce participation preparation.
The Brave Pathway Scholarships reflect an understanding that many expecting and parenting teens experience unique challenges at this stage of their education, life and eventual workforce readiness and participation. The scholarship is an acknowledgement that many E&PT’s cannot sometimes afford the necessary costs associated with attending and completing secondary school, T.A.F.E or engaging in workplace participation. It is envisaged that the Brave SEPT Mentor work with nominated E&PT’s to determine the amount applied for through the pathway scholarship program.
This Pathway scholarship would also be open to private donors or sponsors to contribute to.
The minimum amount for scholarship applications is $100, and the maximum is $1500.
To be eligible for consideration for a Brave Scholarship, you must meet all the following eligibility criteria. This means you must:
• be an expecting or parenting teen
• be nominated by a Brave SEPT Mentor or an authorised person (Stakeholder)
• be part of the SEPT Program – Intensive
• have signed a SEPT Program Commitment Agreement and a SEPT Participant Consent form
• have completed a minimum of four (4) formal Mentoring sessions
• be able to demonstrate additional socioeconomic disadvantage; such as financial hardship or family challenges
• Be a permanent Australian resident, and currently living in Australia
Scholarship funding is only available for permitted funding areas. These areas include:
• school fees
• extra tuition costs, e.g.: parenting courses or work readiness training
• transport to education/ workplace provider
• driving lessons
• child care fees
• textbooks and relevant course materials, including online
• computers and computing peripherals including software programs and printing equipment
The eligibility criteria for these scholarships are aimed at selecting E&PT’s who are most in need of support. The Brave Pathway Scholarship will remove barriers E&PT’s face so that they are better prepared to return to education or search for employment.
Applications can be made by the E&PT with their Brave SEPT mentor to the Brave Foundation Headquarters for processing.
Complete the online Scholarship Application form
Download the application form: Scholarship Application 2019
Applications can be submitted by: